Jun 18, 2006
By Timothy R Butler | Posted at 11:43 PMHere's what I need to do soon to SAFARI 2:
- Implement per post comment_disabled flag. (I promise this to Ed a long time ago.)
- Create query string option to use alternate themes (e.g. for optional front pages that don't look blog-like.)
- Implement metadata editor allowing editing of any standard metadata as well as addition of unlimited custom metadata.
- Allow data to be limited based on any metadata, not just category.
- Streamline category/metadata selection mode to use MySQL sub-queries.
- Rework search engine from SAFARI 1.x flat file database support to SAFARI 2.x SQL database system.
Launch of the new, reworked Open for Business.Lower priority goals:
- Implement user-end of multi-level threaded commenting.
- Finish auto-caching spider for high traffic readiness.
- User registration tied to e-mail address verification.
- User-only comment posting restriction mode.
This will make SAFARI 2 functionally complete.SAFARI 2 Release Candidate Goals:
- Rework inefficient subroutines, removing 1.x legacy code.
- Verify SQL injection protection.
- Decide on and reveal new name (too much confusion with Apple Safari web browser, even though SAFARI the CMS was first.)