The referer script is finished. Only it isn't just a referer script anymore. And to represent that, it has become heir of the name that I gave my first published CGI script. Count+Stat is hopelessly outdated these days, so bring on Count+Stat Remote!Here's what this puppy can do:
- Show a list of referers.
- Adjustable minimum to display (one referral, two referrals, etc.)
- Adjust whether the information just comes out as one referer per line or as a nicely formatted HTML list.
- Choose whether to show non-referred hits in the list or not.
- Hide referrals coming from your own page and/or site.
- Keep a separate count and list of referrals for each page or unify all of the information on a per-domain basis.
- Show a text counter of hits and visits.
- Show both at once.
- Be an almost invisible little box that just tracks the stats for your private perusal.
- Turn all of this information into an interesting statistics page.
- And even more… This is the kitchen sink of referer list tools.
Thoughts? Problems? Successes? Please post 'em below. If you have suggestions for improvements I will try to implement them if they are feasible within my time limitations.
Update: I forgot to mention that you can find a sample of the script in action at the bottom of my blog pages. I have it set to show two days worth of referrals formatted as a list, without self-referrals, with non-referred hits, a two-referral minimum and the counter.